Sunday, January 13, 2013

Realizing What's Important in Life

I feel like I'm at the age when I'm supposed to be figuring stuff out.  At least, figuring out what is really important and what isn't.

After dealing with a lot of crappy friends and situations, I'm realizing that I'd rather have a few good friends than try to be close to everyone.  I've had so many friends ditch me for bars, boys, and other friends who may be more fun.  I don't really understand that.  When did we start valuing alcohol over our friendships?  I guess I missed the memo.

Losing friends over the fact that I'm not 21 yet is extremely annoying.  And I guess people forgot that we can hang out during the day too...

Anyway, enough venting.  I have decided that I want to focus more on the good friends that I do have, my family, my relationship with my boyfriend, and myself.  I'd rather build all of these relationships up than worry about some that are just hurting me.

I feel like if I can focus on my own interests, I might actually have a successful semester.  I want to work on bringing my grades up, expanding my photography business, making money, and planning for my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment